While creating customized projects for their clients, education agencies always try to make the time spent on the project as short as possible, to achieve high profitability and to reduce the financial risks arising from buying tools such as an e-learning platform.
A good preparation of an education project is an essential prerequisite for achieving the results required, whether we are talking about the information acquired by the students or about the economy of the project.
Have you ever asked yourself how to achieve the results faster and limiting the costs and efforts at the same time?
Do you know the actual level of knowledge of the users?
We can never be absolutely sure beforehand about the actual knowledge of the end users who, moreover, generally seem to lack experience with any kind of training.
With regard to this, our task is to:
- create study contents which would meet the need of unprepared users
- reach the level of knowledge required
The solution seems to be to test the knowledge of students beforehand. This enables setting the study contents according to their needs.
In this regard, the following strategy proved to be effective:
- testing the knowledge before starting the project (test, skillgap)
- creating a study plan by means of e-learning (content lessons, pdf, video, scorm)
- creating a study plan with the trainer (attendance training)
- testing the knowledge after finishing the project (test, skillgap)
The resources for education are thus spent with maximum efficiency thanks to adjusting the contents to the initial knowledge of the students and assigning the tasks in a way that makes it possible for all of them to reach the same level of knowledge. Attendance trainings follow, being more effective because of the previous steps and allowing the students to learn more and faster.
It is recommended to test the knowledge of users by means of tests and skillgap after finishing each course
This will allow you to:
- make sure that the students understood the topic
- get a direct feedback about the efficiency of the project
- have the use of a very good report you can show to your customers as a proof of the efficiency of your project, while at the same time it may serve you as a tool to discover new areas of knowledge which need attention and thus creates new business opportunities.
Are you able to plan the costs?
Another area determining the profitability of the project is the price of the e-learning tool. How to allocate the costs to each of the users trained? In most available similar systems, it is usual to pay a fixed rate for a number of users per month. However, if the project was prolonged or divided into more parts which took more time to finish, this option seemed to generate unwanted costs.
That is why we opted for an e-learning platform with the use of transactional payment, where you only pay for your individual uses. If you are not using the platform, you are not creating any costs.
This allows you to:
- Plan exactly the costs related to online education.
- Leave the platform after finishing a course and start using it again anytime you want; your information about users, courses and results reporting remains untouched.
- Hand the platform over to your customers, let them administer the platform and become their provider of study contents.